Friend Circle

Friday, February 10, 2006

Rap of a different kind

You’ve probably heard some rap and hip-hop music. One particular form of it known as gangsta rap centers around violence, hatred and all sorts of nasty things you can think of. Not to mention fierce rivalry between groups and rappers. If you have seen the movie 8 mile featuring Eminem, you know what I’m talking about. There is another form of rap that is becoming quite popular these days. It is called geeksta rap and it created by grad school, Ph. D. students in computer science labs.
I'm encrypting shit like every single day
Sending it across a network in a safe way
Protecting messages to make my pay
If you hack me you're guilty under DMCA
That’s from the album Algorithms By MC Plus+. Some other songs in this album are titled: “Have To Code” and “End Of File”.

A fierce rival of MC Plus+ is Monzy who, in a song called “So much drama in PhD” responds with:
My flow is so intense that I will overflow your buffer,
Corrupt your stack pointer makin' all your data suffer.
I've got saturated edges but your flow is sparser,
Real gangstas sip on Yacc; instead you generate a parser.
While you're busy poppin' stacks I'll pop a cap in your skull,
While you smoke your crack pipe I'm gonna pipe you to
/dev/null.
I may not have a label but I rap like a star;
I'm an
unsigned long int and you're an 8-bit char.
Here is a link to a more detailed story in Wired magazine.

ROFLMAO

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home